We develop a personalized program to improve your neuropathy conditions.
An estimated 20 million people in the United States have some form of peripheral neuropathy, a condition that develops from damage to the peripheral nervous system. The peripheral nerves are responsible for transmission of signals from the central nervous system to the rest of the body.
Peripheral neuropathy nerve damage most often affects feeling in the feet and hands and is particularly prevalent in people with diabetes or as the result of cancer chemotherapy treatments. Neuropathy symptoms can span a wide range of nerve-related issues including:
- Tingling or prickly sensation
- Burning or stabbing pain
- Increased sensitivity to touch
- Muscle weakness
- Loss of balance
The impact on people with peripheral neuropathy can be a gradual worsening over time that can affect every day mobility and create varying degrees of discomfort and pain. It is important to treat the symptoms as early as possible.
FUNCTIONAL HEALTH APPROACH
Prairie Star’s approach to treating peripheral neuropathy focuses on more conservative yet advanced methods. A comprehensive treatment program focuses on rebuilding the peripheral nerve connections resulting in a significant reduction in neuropathy symptoms like numbness, tingling, burning or stabbing pain.
Prairie Star’s doctors and trained staff specialists use a variety of treatment methods depending on the peripheral neuropathy program designed specifically for each patient. A multi-week treatment program, including milestone evaluations by the doctors, brings significant improvement in pain reduction, sensory feeling and overall mobility to peripheral neuropathy patients. Methods include the following:
- Rebuilder – Safe, electrical current that increases blood circulation and reduces pain along nerve pathways
- Electroanalgesia — Safe electrical current that reduces pain using high electrical energy to block pain
- Infrared Health Lights — Stimulates release of nitric oxide from cells increasing circulation and blood flow
- Heated Rose Stones — Deep penetrating heat that improves circulation
- Cold Laser — Stimulates microcirculation around never fibers increasing blood flow to heal nerve pain
- Whole Body Vibration — Standing therapy that improves balance and circulation and speeds up metabolism
- Microcurrent Therapy — Uses extremely low level electrical currents to help tissue heal faster and provide pain relief
- Oxygen Therapy — Helps increase energy, reduce stress, improve alertness and repair damaged cells.