We bring relief to severe back pain through advanced techniques including spinal decompression.
Back pain is the #1 reason for doctor visits each year. Lower back pain affects an average of over 17 million adults per year in the United States, and it affects athletes of all sports at one point or another.
Over 30% of those with lower back pain will experience pain the following year, and about 20% will experience a substantial decrease in mobility. If you are continually suffering from lower back pain, you may be experiencing nerve damage to the lumbago or sciatic area.
The US National Library of Medicine of the National Institute of Health reported that 20% to 35% of patients with back pain suffer from a neuropathic pain component. Once the pain begins, it is important to schedule an evaluation from a specialist like the doctors at Prairie Star Functional Health who understand and treat nerve damage.
A person with sciatic or lumbar pain can experience the following issues:
- Sciatic pain typically occurs on one side of the lower body with pain often present from the lower back, through the thigh, and down the leg. The sciatic nerve reaches from the lower back all the way to the toes, and depending on where the nerve is being pinched, a person’s pain can be felt from the lower back to the toes.
- Pain from sciatica or lumbar issues can affect everybody differently from light and sporadic to excruciating.
- Pain often worsens over time if root causes are not treated properly or masked with shorter-term approaches like painkiller drugs or injections.
FUNCTIONAL HEALTH APPROACH
Many traditional approaches to treating back pain can involve painkiller drugs, corticosteroid injections and surgical procedures under a general anesthetic. Prairie Star’s alternative approach to treating back pain focuses on more conservative yet advanced methods. A comprehensive approach starts with an assessment of the root causes of back pain and the creation of a personalized treatment program designed to achieve quick pain relief and recovery for the long-term.
Prairie Star Functional Health Center’s mission is to improve quality of life, and ongoing back pain is not something a person has to “learn to live with.” We specialize in a unique combination of natural solutions that get people with back pain off the sidelines and back participating in life.
Dr. Robyn DeSautel is one of the certified spinal decompression practitioners in the area utilizing the Kennedy Neural-Flex Decompression System for the non-surgical treatment of spinal injuries and spinal pain.
Decompression therapy effectively relieves the pain associated with disc herniation, degenerative discs, stenosis, posterior facet, chronic headaches, and other spinal-related syndromes.
- Assessment – A complete neurological and back assessment is performed to develop a personalized treatment approach for each individual patient.
- Kennedy Spinal Decompression – Non-surgical neurological back pain treatment program for rapid pain relief and disc healing.